lördag 30 november 2013

Climbing in real rock

Bringing a state-of-the art semi-professional camera with very good lenses in order to make some nice pictures of my first climbing session in Gran Canarias was a great idea. Remembering to charge the battery would have been an even better idea, so for this blog post I can only present some bad quality photos made with my phone.


 After breakfast I went by car to the nearby crag Fataga; a dried out river below a dam a 40 min drive from our flat. I had made some previous contact with local climbers via internet but it was really not necessary since the place was full with climbers so I simply approach them and said “Hola” and we started climbing together.


I had a few good hours and climbed some nice routes. When I’m at places like this I always envy the climbing community they have in countries like Spain, France etc. I definitely also appreciate what we have in Sweden where you can be all-alone at the crag, listening to nature and go exploring. But as a climber it would be so much easier to develop yourself living in a place like this where you can just go down to the crag any given Saturday, find 20+ climbers and routes stacked side-by-side in all grades. On top of that you are greeted with a great attitude and everybody is supporting you and pushing you at the same time.


On the way back I stopped by a nice viewpoint in the mountains and had my well deserved pasta lunch and contemplated on a nice climbing day.

 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar